Leading Experts Explain the JOBS Act on New AICPA Webinar
On April 5, 2012, President Obama signed into law the “Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act” –often referred to as the JOBS Act. The JOBS Act is a package of bills intended to make it easier for smaller companies to raise public and private capital in the U.S. financial markets.
The American Institute of CPAs has developed an hour long webcast which will explain the implications of the JOBS Act. The webcast is an ideal forum for CPAs and SEC attorneys as well as preparers and users of financial statements to gain insights into the JOBS act from leading experts.
July 23rd 2:00 – 3:00 P.M. Eastern
- Bruce M. McNamara, JD – Partner, Perkins Coie
- Mitchell Kopelman, CPA – Partner, Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
- Sheldon Zimmerman, CPA – Partner, Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
- Michael S. Blake, CFA, ASA – Director of Valuation Services, Habif, Arogeti & Wynne, LLP
- John F. Hudson, CPA, CGMA (Moderator) – President, Hudson Consulting Group, LLC
Leading experts will discuss significant changes in the areas of:
- IPOs and the IPO process
- Private placements
- Thresholds for reporting to the SEC
- What’s effective now…what requires further rulemaking (for example, crowdfunding)
Additionally, the webcast will cover a new category of company called an Emerging Growth Company or “EGC” as well as reduced compliance, reporting obligations after an IPO, registration thresholds and deregistration thresholds.
The webinar is available to AICPA members for $55.00; non-members, $68.75.
Media representatives who would like to attend the webinar may contact James Schiavone at 212-596-6119 or email@example.com for login details.