Corporate Board Member Holds IT Risk Event for Boards of Directors
In response to increasing concerns over risks related to cyber security and IT strategy, Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext Company, will hold a new event for corporate directors and general counsel.
The Board IT Challenge: Oversight of Cloud, Cyber Risk & Social Media conference will be held on October 18 at the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile. The goal of this one-day event is to help participants better leverage emerging technologies and make more informed strategic decisions for their boards.
Earlier this month Corporate Board Member and FTI Consulting, Inc. released the 12th Annual Law and the Boardroom Study which explored the risks that are top of mind for companies this year. The 2012 survey notes data security as the top concern for directors and general counsel.
Over the past four years, the level of concern with regards to data security has nearly doubled. In a separate survey earlier this year, more than half of directors rated IT/data security as a critical risk concern, and more than a third (37%) said they do not receive adequate information to make sound decisions regarding strategy.
“Technology is no longer just the responsibility of the IT department. Boards must stay on top of how technology and social media are changing the way companies do business, communicate, and mine data,” said TK Kerstetter, president of Corporate Board Member. “There is a wealth of opportunity out there for boards to leverage new technologies, but they must successfully mitigate potential cyber security threats.”
Featured speakers at the event will include:
• Sam Curry, Chief Technology Officer, Identity and Data Protection, RSA, the Security Division of EMC
• Siki Giunta, Vice President, Cloud Computing and Software Services, CSC
• Colin Boyd, Vice President, Information Technology, Chief Information Officer, Johnson Controls
• Gary Thalhuber, Director, Mutual Trust Financial Group
• John Hair, Director & U.S. Lead, Social Media Risk and Compliance, KPMG LLP
• Kelly Bissell, Principal, Technology Risk Security & Privacy, Deloitte & Touche LLP
• Don Keller, Partner, Center for Board Governance, PricewaterhouseCoopers
• Mark Camillo, Vice President, Professional Liability Division, Chartis